- USE OF WEBSITE
Additional terms may also apply to certain services or functions offered on this site, including but not limited to terms applicable when you make a charitable donation via our site (“Donation Terms”). The Donation Terms will be set out at the point you make a donation and you will be asked to accept them before you will be able to make a donation to Cash for Kids.
- ABOUT CASH FOR KIDS
This site, is owned and operated by “Cash for Kids”, which is the trading name used by the following 3 registered charities:
- Bauer Radio’s Cash for Kids Charities, which is an English registered charity (registered charity no. 1122062 and registered company no. 06424810) whose registered office is: c/o Metro Radio, 55, Degrees North, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, NE1 6BF;
- Bauer Radio’s Cash for Kids Charities (Scotland), which is a Scottish registered charity (registered Charity no. SC0 41421 and registered company no. SC376887) whose registered office is: Radio Forth, Forth House Forth Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3LE; and
- Radio Clyde’s Cash for Kids, which is also a Scottish registered charity (registered charity no. SC0 03334 and registered company number SC365231) whose registered office is: Cash For Kids, Radio Clyde Clydebank Business Park, 3 South Avenue, Clydebank, G81 2RX
Between these 3 registered charities, Cash for Kids operates a network of 21 local “Branches” each of which are affiliated with one of the following local radio stations owned or operated by Bauer Radio Limited:
- Bauer Radio’s Cash for Kids Charities
|Branch Name||Affiliated Radio Station||Local Area|
|CFM Cash for Kids||CFM||Cumbria and South West Scotland|
|Cool FM and Downtown Radio Cash for Kids||Cool FM and Downtown Radio||Northern Ireland|
|Hallam FM Cash for Kids||Hallam 1/2||South Yorkshire|
|Hits Radio Cash for Kids||Hits Radio & Key Radio||Greater Manchester|
|Metro Radio Cash for Kids||Metro Radio 1/2||North East England|
|Radio Aire Cash for Kids||Radio Aire 1/2||West Yorkshire|
|Rock FM Cash for Kids||Rock FM 1/2||Lancashire|
|Radio City Cash for Kids||Radio City 1/2/Talk||Merseyside, the North West and North Wales|
|Viking FM Cash for Kids||Viking FM 1/2||East Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire|
|TFM Cash for Kids||TFM 1/2||Teesside, South Durham and North Yorkshire|
|Wave 105 Cash for Kids||Wave 105||East Dorset, South Hampshire, Isle of Wight and parts of West Sussex and Wiltshire|
|Gem’s Cash for Kids||Gem||East Midlands|
|Free Radio Cash for Kids||Free Radio||West Midlands|
|Planet Rock Cash for Kids||Planet Rock||UK|
|Kerrang! Radio Cash for Kids||UK|
|Magic Radio Cash for Kids||Magic 105.4||UK|
|Absolute Radio Cash for Kids||Absolute Radio||UK|
- Bauer Radio’s Cash for Kids Charities (Scotland)
|Branch Name||Affiliated Radio Station||Local Area|
|Radio Forth Cash for Kids||Forth 1/2||Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife|
|Radio Borders Cash for Kids||Radio Borders||Scottish Borders and North Northumberland|
|Radio Tay Cash for Kids||Tay 1/2||Tayside and North East Fife|
|Northsound Radio Cash for Kids||Northsound 1/2||Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire|
|MFR Cash for Kids||MFR 1/2||The Highlands, Moray and Aberdeenshire|
- Radio Clyde’s Cash for Kids
|Branch Name||Affiliated Radio Station||Local Area|
|Radio Clyde Cash for Kids||Clyde 1/2||Glasgow, West Central Scotland and South West Scotland|
|West FM Cash for Kids||West FM / Westsound AM||Ayrshire|
|Westsound Cash for Kids||Westsound FM||Dumfries and Galloway|
Cash for Kids is a charity which raises funds (through various different initiatives, including via online donations – see above) to support children aged 0-18 (in the local area of each Branch), who are disabled, disadvantaged or suffering from abuse or neglect. Cash for Kids ensures that money donated to a particular Branch of Cash for Kids stays within and is used to support children living in that local community.
- GRANT APPLICATIONS
One of the functions available on the site allows you to make an online application to receive a grant of charitable funds. To make an application, you will need to complete the online application form which is accessible through the website associated with the radio station (see above) affiliated to the local Branch from which you are making an application for charitable funds.
The online form will ask you to provide us with details of individuals and organisations which need our support. Once submitted, your application will then be accessible by Cash for Kids and by the local executive board (“LEB”) of the Branch you have applied to so that they may consider its eligibility for funding. Please note that each Branch’s LEB is made up of 7-10 members, some external members of the local community and some Bauer Employees.
All applications will be discussed at an LEB allocation meeting of Cash for Kids which will each Branch will hold up to 3 times a year, following which funding will be awarded to those applicants which are considered to be most deserving of funds. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of the LEB’s decision within 7 working days of the LEB meeting.
Cash for Kids is permitted to accept applications for funding from individuals, or through registered charities, to fund the purchase of specific equipment and/or other specialist projects including individual/s, schools, playgroups and community organisations provided always that the beneficiary is located and/or operating in the same Local Area as the Branch to which the money has been donated or given.
Applications will only be considered by the LEB if they are:
- Submitted by persons over the age of 18 years old;
- for the benefit of socially, economically, physically, mentally or emotionally disadvantaged children aged 0-18 with a focus on improving quality of life, personal development and aspirational fulfilment; and for either –
- fixed term project work to enrich the lives of children and governed by a specific time frame (to be no longer than 6 months) and the completion of agreed objectives;
- the procurement of equipment necessary to achieve said objectives;
- for an individual beneficiary provided the application is supported by a letter (on headed paper) from the beneficiary’s teacher, care worker, medical professional, occupational therapist or similar.
Applications will NOT be considered if they seek funds for payment of a salary, staff expense or general running costs or overheads.
Please note that:
- The average value of a grant awarded by the LEB is approximately £3000 – larger grants will only be considered in very limited circumstances; all applications by registered charities must include a copy of their most recent annual report and accounts;
- applications will not be put forward for LEB consideration until all relevant supporting documents have been received;
- the LEB may defer an application and request additional information before making its decision in relation to an application;
- successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email as to the LEB’s decision on the application.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION, YOU WILL BE ASKED WHETHER YOU AGREE TO A SUPPORTING PHOTOGRAPH AND SUMMARY OF YOUR APPLICATION BEING DISPLAYED ON OUR LIVE GRANTING MAP AND / OR ON OUR WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS AND, FROM TIME TO TIME, THOSE OF THE RADIO STATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE BRANCH. IF YOU DON’T WANT US TO DO THIS PLEASE TICK THE RELEVANT BOX BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.
from your failure to comply with these requirements.
- COMMUNITY FEATURES AND THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our site may, from time to time, provide you with certain interactive community features, provided by third party companies (such as Facebook or Twitter, “Partners”). These features enable you to upload and share comments about a particular news story, photograph or other content on our site. Before you will be able to use these community features, and upload your comments, you may need to register with the relevant Partner and each time you use that feature, you will need to be logged into your account with them. We will do our best to make it clear on our site when community features are provided by Partners and not by us.
Please note that all comments posted on our site (including those submitted to a feature provided by a Partner) are treated as User Content (see below) so must comply with the Rules of Acceptable Use (see below).
We have no control over third party websites / resources (incl. community features) and we are not responsible for them. Your access and use of such services and content is at your own risk.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise stated, the content of our site, including software, graphics, text, images, designs, compilations, databases, targeting information, and all trade marks, logos, domain names, trade names, service marks, trade identities, any other material (the “Content”) belongs to Cash for Kids (or its licensors) and, except as expressly provided in these Terms, you do not have any rights to use it.
Subject to your strict compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-commercial, revocable, non-assignable and non-transferrable licence to use the Content and to view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from our site for your own personal use.
- YOUR CONTENT
You are responsible for all legal claims made against us which concern your User Content. Whenever you upload User Content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the Rules of Acceptable Use (below). You accept that if you upload, share or submit User Content to our site, you are making it available to the general public. Please don’t upload your User Content, if you don’t want it to be available publicly.
You shall remain the owner of the copyright in any original User Content that you upload, share or submit to our site so you may continue to use it as you require, including allowing others to use or exploit it, provided that this doesn’t interfere with or impair the rights you’ve granted to us in these Terms. You grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display all User Content you upload to our site. This includes the right to incorporate your User Content with other works and to distribute it in any form or on any media (whether now known or invented in the future) and including internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio. You also acknowledge that your User Content may be used in advertising.
You agree to waive any moral or similar rights in any jurisdiction that you may have in and to your User Content even if it is modified, altered or changed in a way which you don’t like.
You warrant that:
- your User Content is your own original work and /or you have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use, and to authorise us to use the User Content as contemplated by these Terms;
- no further payments are or shall become due to any third parties in connection with our exploitation of your User Content as contemplated by these Terms;
- your User Content complies with the Rules of Acceptable Use set out below; and
- Your User Content does not defame third parties or infringe any intellectual property, privacy, or other rights belonging to any third parties.
- RULES OF ACCEPTABLE USE
Comments, message boards, personal profiles and discussion forums (including community features) available on this site are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comments. Use of our site that is inconsistent with those stated purposes and the following list of prohibited acts is strictly forbidden. You must not:
- post obscene or offensive User Content;
- post any User Content which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination, hate, criminal conduct, or which is otherwise unlawful / may give rise to civil liability;
- use our site for any illegal or unlawful purpose;
- post any User Content which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which is otherwise confidential;
- upload, share or submit any User Content (which gives contact details, last names, telephone numbers, street addresses or other identifying information of private individuals or public figures) which compromises the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself, unless you have that person’s permission;
- post User Content which does not belong to you without the prior written consent of the owner;
- directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by Cash for Kids of a product, service, content or any belief or opinion expressed within a product or service;
- place any links on our site where those links take users to unlawful material or material that otherwise contravenes these Rules of Acceptable Use;
- include advertisements nor make commercial solicitations in User Content nor use our site for any commercial purposes (which would include using our site to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services);
- register or attempt to register as a member of our site unless you are at least 13 years old.
- use our site to solicit information from anyone under the age of 18;
- impersonate another person or create a false or misleading identity for the purpose of misleading others as to your identity, or to collect information about other users;
- post User Content containing any spy ware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information;
- alter, adapt, modify, copy or create a derivative work from the Content; or
- post User Content that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of junk mail or chain letters
We do not undertake to monitor the submission or publication of User Content or users’ use of our site. User Content is not viewed, edited or pre-screened before it is made available on this site and Cash for Kids accepts no responsibility for any statements made or any material included within User Content. This responsibility is entirely with the person who has posted the User Content.
We have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to refuse, edit or remove any User Content that is posted to our site without the need to state our reasons for doing so.
Complaints about this site can be reported by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All complaints should outline the subject of your complaint and (if possible) include a url to where the webpage (which is the subject of your complaint) may be easily located.
- NOTICE AND TAKEDOWN
If you are a rights owner (or acting on behalf of a rights owner) and believe that any User Content infringes your copyright, you must provide us with a written notice by email to email@example.com which:
- states that you are the rights owner or are authorised to act on the rights owner’s behalf;
- states that you have identified User Content on our site which infringes your copyright (or infringes the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act) and you believe in good faith that use of the User Content in the manner complained of is not authorised by you, the rights owner’s agent, or otherwise permitted by law;
- describes the work that you claim has been infringed which should include, the type of work (such as a photograph or a video clip) and any relevant further details;
- describes how you believe your copyright to have been infringed;
- enables us to locate the User Content in question on our site (including a URL specifying the date our site was accessed and/or a screen shot);
- includes your name and contact details, a postal address, telephone number and, if available, an email address (these details may also be provided to the alleged infringer so that they may contact you directly);
- includes your electronic or physical signature (which may be a scanned copy); and
- certifies that the information in the notification is true and accurate.
This ‘notice and takedown’ procedure is regulated by law and there could be negative consequences if you falsely allege User Content is infringing your or a third party’s (who has authorized you to act for them) copyright or send a copyright infringement notice to us in bad faith. We recommend you take legal advice before sending a takedown notice or if you’re unsure about your rights and /or whether they’ve been infringed.
We have a policy of terminating user accounts of repeat copyright infringers. A repeat infringer is a user who has submitted two or more items of User Content for which we receive a copyright infringement notice in accordance with this section. If your account is terminated because you’re classed as a repeat infringer then, you must not register or attempt to register a new user account.
- MODIFICATION OR SUSPENSION OF THE SITE
We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue this site or any service available on it at any time and without notice or liability to you. We are also entitled to suspend or terminate your user account or access to any part of our site at any time, especially if you breach these Terms.
User Content may still appear on our site even after your registration / access has terminated. We shall continue to have the right to use your User Content in accordance with the licence granted to us under these Terms.
You use our site and the services on it at your own risk. Our site, our Content, all User Content and other services offered on the site are provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. The Content and information displayed on our site is provided without any warranties as to its completeness or accuracy.
We do not guarantee that our site, our Content, the User Content or any services offered will always be available or will be uninterrupted and/or free from bugs, viruses or errors. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude all warranties and other terms which might be implied by law and any liability for loss of revenue, income, profits, contracts, business, goodwill, anticipated savings, reputation, data or information, wasted management or office time and any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable whether arising directly or indirectly.
Despite the above paragraph, nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (b) the tort of deceit; or (c) any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Competitions and other promotions are subject to additional terms which will be brought to your attention before you are able to enter the competition.
- LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
We welcome ‘hot links’ and deep-links to our site, by which we mean that you may include a link to any page of our site on other websites, provided that you do not use such link in any way which would imply partnership, affiliation, endorsement or sponsorship of any service or product or which may bring us or the other brands in our group into disrepute. You may not display our Content or allow it to be displayed surrounded or framed or otherwise surrounded by material not originating from us without our consent. If you would like to license our material, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FEEDS TO OTHER WEBSITES/RSS
If you operate your own website, you can display the latest headlines from other websites on your own site using RSS.
We encourage the use of feeds as part of your website, provided that the proper format and attribution is used when our Content appears. However, you may not use any Cash for Kids logos alongside the RSS feed.
We reserve the right to prevent the distribution of our Content through RSS. We do not accept any liability arising from your use of the feeds or from any inaccuracy or omission in the Content or interruption in availability.
- You agree to indemnify us and keep us fully and effectively indemnified from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities (including legal fees) relating to or arising from: (i) your use of our site or our Content in breach of these Terms; (ii) your User Content and our use of it in accordance with these Terms; or (iii) your breach of these Terms.
- If any part of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of them shall remain valid and enforceable.
- These Terms are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- These Terms will be governed by English law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- You must comply with these Terms at all times when using the site.
These Terms were last updated on 21 August 2018.